Coping with loss is different for everyone. Each person deals with grief in vastly different ways, but no matter how you grieve, you don’t need to feel alone. At Angel Valley Funeral Home, we have a variety of resources available for grief and bereavement support, which you can utilize at your own pace, at the right time.
What Does Grief Feel Like?
Grief is a different experience for every person and so is a reaction to the emotional, physical, social, and psychological changes after a passing of a loved one. However, there are some standard symptoms of grief, such as:
- Changes in appetite
- Feeling fatigued, irritable, and tired
- Feeling empty
- Having a hard time concentrating
- Feeling anxious
- Feeling helpless and frustrated
These symptoms are completely normal, but through constant support and the right tools, you can gain an understanding of your grief, while finding the coping options that work for you.
Coping With Bereavement and Grief
Throughout our experience, we’ve been able to help countless individuals equip themselves with the tools and skills they need to cope with their grief. If you’re seeking helpful tips to work through your grief and bereavement right now, we’ve compiled some helpful ideas:
- Take care of yourself, including eating healthy, getting enough exercise, and most importantly, rest.
- Be patient with yourself and your emotions. Coping with your grief after the passing of a loved one is not an instant process, so allow yourself to get through it at your own pace.
- Reach out to other members of your community. Although it’s easy to feel alone during this difficult time, your friends, family, and community members have most likely experienced similar feelings and can provide information and support.
Help Your Children Understand and Work Through Grief
The loss of a loved one is not always understood by children. Sesame Street created a resource called When Families Grieve to help the whole family find their way through a difficult time. Visit When Families Grieve to access video and interactive videos in both English and Spanish.
Comprehensive Grief Support Resources
After the passing of a loved one, sharing your emotional journey with others can help ease your worries, and help you through your grief, building new connections along the way.
Angel Valley Funeral Home is proud to offer the following grief resources to our community:
Willowgreen: As a top provider of information on tough subjects like loss, illness, grief, life transition, and more, Willowgreen is an important resource during challenging times.
Growth House: An international platform that links people to hospice centers, home care providers, death with dignity, and other related groups.
National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization: An organization dedicated to helping improve the quality of life at the end of life across the
We care about our community and the families we work with. For immediate support, call us at: (520) 329-4127.